The Olympic Club is an Egyptian football club based in Alexandria founded on August 28, 1905 under the name of the Red Star, founded by Mukhlas Al Bajouri. He was presided over by many Alexandria public figures such as Abdel Monsef Mahmoud Pasha.
The club is one of the oldest Egyptian clubs. It is the first team from outside Cairo to win the Egyptian Premier League and the first Egyptian club to play in the African Champions League. In this tournament it reached the Golden Square but withdrew from the tournament because of the 1967 war.
The Olympic Club was founded in 1905 by Ali Mukhles Al-Bajouri, who returned from England after receiving the equivalent of high school there. He was impressed with sports, especially soccer. The club’s first place was a small apartment in Makram Bey. The club was called the Red Star. And in 1915 the name of the club was changed to the club of government employees. In 1924, the noble prince Abbas Halim, who was the royal family, headed the Egyptian delegation to the Paris Olympic Games in 1924. He was the chairman of the Egyptian committee, He saves Zun advanced centers in boxing, wrestling, weightlifting and football. I was impressed by this club. After the return of the Egyptian mission, a general assembly was held. The name of the club was changed to the current name of the Egyptian Olympic Club in Alexandria. The first football stadium in the club was in the navigation ground, .
The Egyptian Olympic Committee was headed by two of the club’s sons, Nabeel Abbas Helmy and Dr. Jamal Mokhtar
The club moved to the present place and was called that area in the hills of Hadhra in 1928 and it is funny that the prisoners of Hadhara prison had prepared the land and settled after it was a hill and mountains and appeared in the club in the current position of football stadium and tennis and the famous Olympic Games, which brought out Olympic and international heroes, The club has only one door overlooking the water field (Ahmed Zewail now) where the tram passes from the sand station through Sultan Hussein Street.
In 1930, the club was headed by Hassan Pasha Sabri, the brother of Queen Nazli and King Farouk. He was a lover of sport. He included an excellent team of footballers from the Federation, the Tram, the Railway and Zamalek. He won the Egyptian Cup twice in a row 32/1933. 33/1934 Zamalek won 1/0
The Egyptian Football Federation (FFA) was headed by two of the sons of the club are Hussein Pasha Sabri and Brigadier Ibrahim al-Juwaini
The area of the club was 5.5 acres until 1963 when the first captain of the naval forces, Suleiman Ezzat, assumed the presidency of the club. The following year he joined the club’s adjacent land, which now houses the members’ park and the social building. The area reached about 8.5 acres and included the maritime club to the Olympic Club In his reign, the club won the championship of the general league football season 65/1966 as the first club outside Cairo to win this tournament with players (Dia Nasr – Mr. Mohsen – Mustafa Sheta – Mahmoud Bakr – Sukran – Albori – Said Qutb captain of the team – Badawi Abdel Fattah – Sea of Jasour – Farouk El Sayed – Saad Mousi – Ezz Eddin Yaqoub, Team Leader – Mahmoud Badawi – Ismael Al-Yamani – Adel Hameedah – Ahmed Zenger – Kalawi)
The Olympic Club was the first club to participate in the African Champions League Champions League in 1967 and won the Sudanese Hilal and did not complete the competition for the war of 1967.
The Olympic Club is one of the most prominent Egyptian clubs and most of all the harvest of the Olympic medals to Egypt, where the champions won nine medals out of the 31 Olympic medals harvested by Egypt, including 5 gold out of the seven medals won by Egypt in its Olympic history until 2018 heroes.
- The presidency of the Olympic Club through its history 22 heads:
1. Mr. Hussein Sami, Director of Customs from 1905 to 1926
2. Hussain Pasha Sabri from 1930 to 1936
3. Mohamed Pasha Hussein (Governor of Alexandria) from 1936 to 1937
4. Noble / Abbas Hilmi Ali several decades until 1947
5. Abdel Monsef Pasha Mahmoud (Director General of the coast) from the period 1947-1953
6. Mr. Hussein Subhi (Director of the Municipality) from 1953-1963
7. Lieutenant General Suleiman Ezzat (Commander of the Navy) from 1963-1967
8. Mr. Ahmed Badr lawyer from the period 1967-1971
9. The team / Abdul Aziz Mustafa (Governor of the Red Sea) from 1971-1975
10. General / Al-Sawy Issa (Director General of the coast) from 1975 to 1976
11. Dean Salah al-Anjbawi (armed forces) from the period 1976: 1980
12. Dr. Farouk Gharana (Chairman of the Local Council 1980 – 1983)
13. Dr. Kamal Al-Qarmani (President of Al-Mallahat Company) from 1983-1984
14. Marine Brigadier / Ibrahim Shehata Al-Juwaini on several candidates until 1994
15. Captain / Mahmoud Bakr (armed forces) on several courses until 2002
16. The Ismail Ismaili Brigade (police) from the period 1989-1990
17. Mr. Taher Al-Kuwairi from the period 1998: 2000
18. Engineer / Ahmed Swissy from the period 2000: 2002
19. Dr. Karam Kurdi from the period 2002: 2006
20. Team / Ahmed Saber Salim (Commander of the Navy) from the period 2006: 2008
21. Accountant / Ahmed Afifi from 2008 to 2012
22. Engineer / Tarek El Sayed from 2012 to now
- Egyptian Premier League: 1
- The Champion: 1966
- Third place: 1978
- Fourth place: 1980
- Egypt Cup: 2
- 1933, 1934
- Runner-up 1960, 1967
- African Champions League:
- Quarter final 1967
- Egyptian Premier League: 1
- As for international tournaments, the club has won many international competitions
- Champions of long-distance swimming in the world championship Manch and Capri Naples, Canada and Ohrid and the Nile race.
- Champions of boxing military championships, Africa and the Mediterranean Champions of wrestling and weight lifting.
- The most prominent results of handball in the club
- Egypt Cup in the 1967 season and the 1997 season.
- The professional handball champions under the 21-year-old 2017 season.
- Flag the club
The club’s official color is red and white where the red symbolizes the struggle and the white for peace
- There are several games in the club now
(Football – handball – swimming – karate – Taekwondo – weightlifting – basketball – boxing – wrestling – table tennis) There are specialized schools for all games.
- The champions of the Olympic Club won four bronze medals
1. The weightlifter and the Ibrahim Saif weightlifting course in Berlin, Germany in 1936
2. The weightlifter Ibrahim Shams raised the weight of the Berlin Games in Germany in 1936
3. Boxer Abdel Moneim al-Jundi Boxing in Rome in Italy in 1960
4. Tamer Salah Tykondo Athens Athens, Greece in 2004
- The Olympic champions won 5 gold medals out of 7 gold medals won by Egypt
1. Ibrahim Mustafa wrestling course Amsterdam, the Netherlands in 1928
2. Crane Anwar weightlifting course Berlin, Germany, 1936
3. Ibrahim Ibrahim Shams, lifting the weights of the London session in Britain in 1984
4. The weightlifter Mahmoud Fayyad raised the weight of the London session in Britain in 1984
5. Wrestler Karam Jaber Roman wrestling Athens Athens in 2004, the last golden medal of Egypt so far